TODAY SHOULD OF BEEN THE DAY!
Today should have been the day when organised events returned safely.
A sector worth over £70bn restarted.
People could meet to do business.
We were ready to be part of the UK’s recovery. We are still ready.
Rishi Sunak we have your back. Do you have ours?
PROJECT CONFIDENCE/RECOVERY HISTORY:
In August the AEO, AEV and ESSA launched their cross association initiative called "Project Confidence" , which is designed to help bring back peoples confidence to return to exhibition events on their return on October 1st.
This cross association project was created to formulate and implement consistent, timely and relevant communications across the three sides of the events industry – event organisers, venues and suppliers - to inform and engage stakeholders on our work to facilitate the safe resurgence of events, at the earliest opportunity.
- Work collaboratively to create a comprehensive, rolling programme of communications to engage all stakeholders as we transition through recovery phases, providing the right information at the right time in the right manner.
- Develop a common language and narrative, ensuring key messages are relevant and resonate with each stakeholder group, as well as reflective of current sentiment at each phase.
- Demonstrate, with transparency, that the events industry is taking an active role in its own recovery and is ready to manage the safe return of live events
- Reinforce the value of the events industry; the need to safeguard it and why it’s important to prioritise its resurgence
We’re seeking support from right across our industry; we need as many event professionals as possible to get behind Project Confidence and what it stands for. Pledge your support for the work we’re doing with our fellow associations by:
- Post the following message on your social channels
- Adopt the following badge and use on your websites, email signatures and social profiles to demonstrate your support!